Apple Crumble Cheesecake (Vegan)
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup white spelt flour
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons cold water
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds, soaked in water overnight
- 5.6 ounces silken tofu
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
FOR THE STEWED APPLES:
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
FOR THE CRUMBLE:
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 355°F and line and grease an 8-inch pie pan with coconut oil.
- Make the crust by processing the almonds and spelt flour together in a food processor until it forms a flour. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Blend to form a dough. Using your fingers, press the dough evenly into the greased tart tin.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the cheesecake filling. Add all the ingredients to a high-powered food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Evenly pour into the baked crust and lightly tap it onto the bench top to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. (Leave the oven on for the crumble). The outsides should be firm and the middle should be slightly firm to touch but will still leave an imprint if you touch it too hard. It should be lightly golden in color. Remove from oven and leave to cool completely on a wire rack before transferring to the refrigerator to set for at least 3 hours.
- Make the apple topping by combining all the ingredients together in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to stop any burning. The apples should be tender. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the crumble. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Evenly spread over a lined baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. It should be lightly golden in appearance. Remove from oven and leave to cool completely.
- Once the cheesecake has chilled, carefully remove it from the pie pan and top it with the stewed apples and crumble. Slice and enjoy.